Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Thoughts on Waiting

Let's face it nobody really likes to wait anymore. We have an instant, fast paced society that has little to no tolerance for all things slow. It starts pretty young too because my one year old has very real struggles with waiting for me to get dinner on the table, play with him or help him out of a tight spot. I am usually made aware of this by a screeching sound followed by a loud "momma!" This is repeated till I take care of what ever is bothering him. In an effort to help him realize that sometimes his "needs" can wait for a few more minuets we started to sing this song to him:

"Have patience, have patience,
Don't be in such a hurry.
When you get impatient,
you only start to worry.
Remember, remember that God is patient, too;
Just think of all the times when others
Have to wait for you."
 
The funny thing is that while he is having this struggle I have to admit that I am struggling in this area too right now. I am so ready for my little baby to be born/labor to start that it consumes a good portion of my thoughts and day. I am planning whole weeks around the possibility it could happen at any time now and just like the song states, "when you get impatient you only start to worry." I am worried about when it happens it will not be a good time for Josh and he will miss it and that I will not have help to babysit my children while I am having the baby. That I will have the baby in the car or that the cord is wrapped around it's neck and that is why I keep contracting with no baby. Really all this over thinking is a sin problem, I am not fully trusting that God will take care of me and "have all things work for the good of those who love Him" I am thinking that I can take care of things myself and by worrying I can accomplish something.
 
"So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34
  
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Luke 12:25

God has repeatedly shown that times of waiting are for strengthening the faith and growing character in those made to wait as well as show His might and power in the situation. I am sure the children of Israel were more than ready to leave Egypt and be released from slavery but God needed to show his power and might through the plagues and strengthen the peoples faith in God. It also caused some Egyptians to believe and follow them to the promised land. Apparently I am in a place where my faith needs tested and God needs to be glorified. 

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."  James 1:2-8

 So as I pray for a safe delivery with my husband present and children in safe, happy care. I need to believe He will come through with His promises and show my children that God is faithful and his promises are true. In all what I need is to have patience :)

                                                               The Farmer in the Dell



No comments:

Post a Comment