Tuesday, June 9, 2015

3 Ingredient Face Mask

It is not very often, at this point in my life, that I get much relaxation time. That is okay with me as the trade off is quite worth it, as my daughter says, "Mommy you and I are best friends." It is so true and I wouldn't trade my new "best friends" for anything. However some times I just want a little time to take care of myself, or just read something on my own, without my "best friends" there to ask why or what I am doing :)

This weekend I was able to have a little bit of free time after I put my children to bed to do some work on myself before going out in public; also known as the 2 hour shower. One thing I was eager to try out was my new heel shaver. My poor feet have always been plagued by thick calluses on my heels. For my bridal shower my dear friend took me to get my first pedicure and while we were both there getting our feet done the lady got out this magical little tool and proceed to shave off my "very dry feet" while my friend sat there in shock at all the dead skin falling off. It never dawned on me that I probably could buy one and do it myself occasionally, until this year when it just wasn't working to go and get my feet done and they really needed some TLC. I do love it but you do have to be careful not to take off too much or you could end up with some sore heels.

Anyway the other thing that needed some attention was my face. One of the joys of pregnancy is the hormone fluctuations that make your skin behave like when you were a teen again. Yes we all love the pregnancy glow but not the pregnancy breakouts so much. Time to make a mask! I used to love making and trying out home made masks and beauty treatments with my friends, so this made me feel nostalgic. I also made some of my own jewelery too this week with my daughter as that is what we used to do while we did our spa treatments. Blast from the past, and she was in 7th heaven. Back to the face mask I wanted to use something that would pull out the imperfections while soothing and nourishing the irritated, oily skin. So I mixed together some fullers earth, for drawing out the stuff trapped in my skin, some seaweed powder for putting in vitamins and minerals and tightening the skin, and a few drops of melaleuca essential oil for cooling and neutralizing the bacteria present on the surface of the skin. Let me tell you it felt wonderful! However my husband came home and was a little shocked to see me with it on, but isn't that half the fun of using a mask anyway, scaring the other unsuspecting members of your house!

The nice thing about it was not only did my face feel better just after I washed it off but then the acne disappeared in about another day so it did it's job well!

Oily/acne prone Skin Mask

  1. 1 tsp of Fullers Earth
  2. 1 tsp of Seaweed powder
  3. 2 drops Melaleuca essential oil

Mix together and add enough water to make a spreadable paste.

Apply to clean damp skin and let dry.

Rinse off with cool water and enjoy your fresh, clean face!

Sometimes you really need some time to relax and refresh yourself, so take the time to do it, either with or without friends!
                                                                The Farmer in the Dell

No comments:

Post a Comment