Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Cup Overflows!

With Thanksgiving over and the holidays in full swing now I am remind how faithful God is to us. I have found that whenever I am completely satisfied in my current place the Lord has me in, and I am trusting in His plan for my life, amazing things happen and it is far better than my own plans could have ever turned out!

An example of this is a desire my husband and I have had for a while now. I married a conventional farmer and I had never even thought that was going to happen, I mean farmers only make up 1% of the population of America so they are not very common. What we really wanted was to farm organically! Now in order to farm organic you must not use sprays or chemicals for 3 years before the land can be considered organic and you may sell the products as such. There is a lot of loss in that time and no compensation for the extra work put in. In short it is not done very often. The easier way is to get land that has set un-farmed for enough time and start farming that using organic practices. So long story short we came across some land that had been left alone for long enough and the owners did not want to farm it alone so we were able to work out a plan that satisfied booth parties and now we are organic farmers! Our first crop of ancient grains, Spelt, Black Emmer and Einkorn Wheat is in the ground and we are so excited to see where it goes from here!

It is like the prayer of Jabez where he asks the Lord to Bless him and enlarge his border (1 Chronicles 4:10), sometimes we just have to ask, wait and see what the Lord does. We are so blessed to have this opportunity and I just can't believe the Lord opened the door and made it all work out, it could only happen with the Lord's help, we are so grateful for how He is guiding and leading our family in the way He wants us to go. I hope you are experiencing the peace and blessing of being in the Lord's will during this season of your life, there is no better place to be!

With a thankful heart,
The Farmer in the Dell

No comments:

Post a Comment